Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

3 posters

character sketch info

tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

character sketch info Empty character sketch info

Post by tuck 03/01/12, 01:11 am

Kelli was saying on chat that we should post character references and descriptions in case someone *happened* to decide to draw character sketches for us. I figured we could consolidate it into one thread for character descriptions.

Kallista Sinsinger
    Race: tiefling
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Skin: pale red
    Eyes: yellow (vertical, cat-like irises)
    Hair: dark red, currently in a pixie cut.
    Build: athletic

Fashion sense: skintight leather armor that covers her entire body from the neck down.

Favored weapon: shortsword. She also carries shurikens.

Horns and Tail: Her horns are ridged and go more or less straight back along her head, and her tail is long and prehensile. Her tail is also extremely expressive and she tends to use it almost as a third arm, often gesturing with it or using it for emphasis in conversations.

Facial expressions: Almost always grinning. She tends to be very cheerful and upbeat, except for the few times that she's breaking down crying.she's a little bit bipolar. Wink

Tattoos and Brands: Kallista has two tattoos and a brand, but they are normallly covered by clothing. Her tattoos are listed on the tattoo thread (a pawprint over her heart and a dragonish tramp stamp). Her brand is a simple triangle, pointed up, about four inches on each side and centered on her navel.

Pics:
    this pic is perfect for the horns, armor and tail, but not the face.
    reference pic 1

This is more how I pictured her face:
    reference pic 2

And this one is for her hair, only red instead of blond:
    reference pic 3

Last edited by tuck on 09/01/12, 02:54 am; edited 6 times in total
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

character sketch info Empty Tzesira

Post by elanya 03/01/12, 08:18 am

Personal details
    Race: Shadar Kai
    Alignment/ethics: Undefined
    Skin color: Light grey
    Height : 5'6"
    Eye color: solid black
    Hair color & style: Super short frizzy and bright blue (dyed)
    Fashion sense: Fetish model
    Current residence: Explorer's Union barracks
    Relationship status: Untamable
    Hobby: Violence
    Weapon of choice: Fists

More description:
    Her build is wiry and athletic and she has almost no boobs due to her trainig and being on the slim side to start (ref pics stoilen form my friend Shan here, though T is shorter)

Honestly the pony is not a bad reference for her skin tone, which is sort of a medium-light grey. I imagine her hair is sort of frizzy, and she's shaved it recently so that it is really close cropped, and also currently bright blue. Her eyes are a solid black.

As far as clothing goes, she wears black leather shorts and a leather band over her boobs. I can't decide if it just laces in the back, or if it has an O ring in the front and buckles on the back or sides or whatever.... prooobably she has more than one though, so feel free to use artistic discretion should anyone be inclined @_@ She wears black combat boots that are just above ankle height. When it is really cold, she has a large and billowy grey shaggy fur cloak that she can wrap up in, or leave to billow dramatically.

The other distinctive things about her are her tattoos and other markings. She has a tattoo on the left side of her neck that is a mark of her monastery - it is sort of a variation of the holy symbol of the Raven Queen (which you can see herehere) - I hadn't given it too much thought, but that on a shield with a feathered texture/motif, maybe? On her right side, just sort of over her clavicle is her mark from Goliath blooding ceremony, which is a stylized/tribal bear-like paw bring in sort of a dull/dried blood red.

Her most extensive tattoos for the moment are pretty simple - she has solid black lines that run up the outside of her arms from the very tips of her index. middle and ring fingers all the way up her shoulder, and thin out and curl in to small tribal-style dragon wings on her shoulder blades. Inside this black work on her upper right arm are three vertical scars (maybe a hair darker than her natural skin) that mark her level (so there will be room for five per line with lots of room for more underneath Wink

In terms of faces, she's pretty scowly, and her smile tends to be more of a scary tooth-showing grin. She's not classically pretty by any stretch, though I do imagine her being relatively fine-featured, if only because the SK are an Eladrin-related race.

CHEESECAKE! http://www.thepinupfiles.com/elvgren/ELVGREN_img_90.jpg only with wraps not gloves ^_^

Last edited by elanya on 12/01/12, 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

character sketch info Empty Vedran

Post by elanya 03/01/12, 08:23 am

Race: Half-Elf
    Ethnicity: Nerathi
    Alignment/ethics: Good
    Skin color: fair
    Height : 6'0"
    Weight: 160 lbs
    Eye color: Blue
    Hair color & style: Auburn, short loose curls
    Fashion sense: progressive adventurer
    Place of birth: Highmark
    Current residence: Highmark
    Relationship status: Married-ish
    Weapon of choice: Wand

I am usually terrible at 'casting' characters, but I can easily imagine vedran looking like an older Skandar Keynes (based on pics like this one anyway! He has almost the right hair (V's is a little redder and curlier), and SK's complexion (especially the freckles) are perfect. But he is about 5 years too young looking as V actually looks like he has finished puberty :p V is, of course a half-elf, so he's got pointier ears. And maybe a little bit more nose :p And stupidly blue eyes. Maybe a cross between older him and younger Sebastian Rulli, at least from this pic. ETA: Really more crossed with benedict Cumberbatch, as in this pic: Razz blonde vedran

In terms of dress, V wears chainmail while adventuring, on account of being squishy. When not adventuring he dresses more elfy, which in my mind is sort of LotR meets ancient Japan - long/large sleeved robes belted over loose pants, fabrics patterned with nature motifs, etc. I don't have a clear idea of what his armour looks like, but it is magic (gleaming? maybe?). He's the type to dress for the situation anyway, and probably follows a lot of more typical Highmark fashions if he's out in mixed company and not adventuring. So really put him in whatever Wink

He's sort of average build really - slim by nature and not really effort, and not highly muscley or anything. he's tall so he might look skinny, but isn't really, if that makes sense. He's generally pretty happy go lucky, but he can be quite serious when necessary.

Oh and then there are all the other things Vedran might wear (or not wear) but I doubt anyone here would draw me any of that >Very Happy

CHEESECAKE!: look at any of these, though V is not so cut: http://www.werehavingamoment.com/2009/05/pin-up-boys.html
    Also this, though V is less hairy: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gkkSXwA_xho/TEJC4dOsvgI/AAAAAAAAAlc/v-WCTc9_Koo/s1600/sebastianrulli.jpgreally this is blonde Vedran Razz(Really this is just blonde Vedran, practically...)

Last edited by elanya on 01/05/12, 09:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Kitrazzle
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

character sketch info Empty Delona Kingfisher

Post by Kitrazzle 08/01/12, 05:14 am

Personal details
    Race: Half-Orc
    Alignment/ethics: Good
    Skin color: Light grey/green (see notes)
    Height : 6'0"
    Eye color: Blue
    Hair color & style: Longish microbraids in a top-knot, dyed mossy green/gold (see notes)
    Build: Muscular curvy
    Fashion sense: Practical Elven Warrior
    Current residence: Explorer's Union barracks
    Relationship status: Single
    Hobbies: Harp, cooking
    Weapon of choice: Bastard swords

More description:
    Half-Orcs had been green skinned up until 4e at which point they got switched to gray skin. We really don't care which, so whatever you think looks better is what we'll stick with. Del dyes her hair to match her master's. If Half-Orcs have gray skin, then Master Halatir has green hair. If they have green, then he has gold hair, or whatever other color you think would look good. She keeps her hair in microbraids and pulled back into some variety of top-knot. If they're not on a job, then it's a more feminine top-knot with the bottom half of her hair left loose. When she expects to be fighting, then all of it is pulled up. Think Fire Nation style, not Japanese with the shaved crown. She gets the braids and dye professionally done on a regular basis in order to make her hair easier to take care of. The top-knots are both practical and a status symbol, since it takes some time and patience for them to look right but you can leave them in place for a goodly while without them looking ratty.

Delona is a Big Girl. Taller then most of the party, broad shoulders, well defined muscles (athlete not bodybuilder), decently large boobs and wide hips. Obviously strong, and unmistakably Half-Orc no matter what she does. I'm terrible at casting but Josh suggests Michelle Rodriguez, which is a really good place to start since she's pretty in a "girl next door who can kick your ass" kinda way and that's the impression I'm looking for. Once you factor in the height and the teeth and bulk up the arms a tad I think it'd be just about right.

Having been raised in an elduar-derived culture, tattoos are a big thing for her. She has four.
    One is a band around her right upper arm with the kanji for Halatir (which means kingfisher) in the center. I haven't figured out what it looks like yet, but I'm thinking a woven sort of thing with symbols for all sorts of good wishes (health, luck, prowess in battle, prosperity, etc) hidden in it and Halatir's name on a sort of oval shield right in the middle, done in whatever color combination is associated with the dojo. I haven't decided on that either; blue, red and either green or yellow sounds good to me but I'm not an artist. Since I don't have anything really solid in mind (other then the fact that it's a band and incorporates both Halatir's name and the dojo colors) you get free reign on it. This tattoo declares her association with the dojo and her loyalty to Halatir in particular.
    The second is the mark from Goliath blooding ceremony that most of the party shares, the bear-ish paw print in dried-blood red. Hers is high on her left upper arm.
    The third is a band on her left upper arm, below the Blooding Mark. This is similar to the one for the dojo but instead declares her association with the Explorer's Union in general and the Thunderbolts in particular. I've got nothing definite for this one, just the idea that it has room for more elaboration as she levels up and does more awesome shit.
    The fourth is a small symbol of Kord on the back of her neck, which you can really only see when she's got her hair pulled up in the full top-knot. Color is up to you.
    But she's usually wearing long sleeves so this doesn't matter anyway!

As far as her face and demeanor goes, she's nothing to write home about. CHA of 10 combined with a STR and DEX of 16 means that she's really only attractive to cultures who like their women able to carry a keg on each shoulder. Elves are not on that list, and that's who she's been raised by, so she thinks of herself as plain at best. She makes up for that by being as self-sufficient and helpful as possible. Delona is a good-natured girl who tries to hide her insecurities behind a shell of Awesomeness. She likes to laugh but doesn't show her teeth when she smiles unless she's happy enough to forget about hiding her fangs. She's driven to be the best she can, but also to help others be the best they can be, so she's competitive but mostly against herself. That whole "raised in an almost-monastery by a dude who believes in Being Prepared" thing made her pretty even-tempered and hard to phase. So yeah, hard worker, sensible, dedicated, loyal, honest, trying to overcome shyness with bluntness, generally content. She's the team's Applejack.

But her fashion sense is more important to you, so on to that! Half-Orc raised in a predominantly elduar part of Highmark means she was trying to be more elven then the Elves in order to fit in better and hasn't managed to shake that mindset, but Master Halatir's dojo is fairly monastic so practicality is hugely important. So take Vedran's LoTR-Japanese feel and make it easier to move/fight in. For everyday wear, streamlined loose pants and tunics in plain or subtly patterned fabrics and trimmed in braid of the dojo's colors for subtle declarations of association. She's gotten more cosmopolitan in her going-out clothes since moving out of the dojo and takes great care to dress appropriately for the occasion, but it's still all stuff that's easy to move in. She really likes colors, so have fun with that. The only fancy dress that I know for certain she has is this one that she bought in Thanatopolis for that upscale party Brenn paid them to attend as his posse.
    She used to wear leather armor and now wears hide, having accepted that the wilderness training Halatir insisted on all of his students getting does not make her a barbarian. I really don't know what it looks like, but it is Bestial +1, so an animal motif would be appropriate. Let's go with a LoTR-Elven/Japanese wolf thing. One of the titles she's known by is Halatir's Wolf, you see. She also has Boots of Adept Charging, two magic bastard swords (Shielding +1 and Vanguard +1; katana or jian or something?), something called a Badge of the Berserker around her neck (probably under the armor so don't worry about it), a longbow, and two hand-axes on her belt along with a lot of other stuff. She's Not-so-little Miss Self Sufficient. She travels relatively light but it's all stuff that's essential for Being Prepared in the wilderness.

Holy cow, that was a lot more rambling then I expected. Lemme know if I missed anything you need.
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

character sketch info Empty Re: character sketch info

Post by tuck 11/01/12, 06:58 pm

If you're interested I found another awesome reference for the type of armor Kallista wears:

Reference 4

Basically it's just skintight full body leather with lots of straps and such. This pic is also better for the horns.

Sponsored content

character sketch info Empty Re: character sketch info

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 11:14 am