Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

+3
elanya
Josh
tuck
7 posters

Alphabet drabble challenge!

Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Alphabet drabble challenge!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Alphabet drabble challenge!

Post by Josh 01/04/13, 10:32 pm

F is for Feelings - Ardith

Ardith glanced over at ‘the boys’ (as she thought of them) across Lady Factore’s salon. They were lost in conversation while attempting, and mostly succeeding, to look nonchalant.

She knew she shouldn’t be jealous; she hadn’t known them long, really, nor had she shared the same trials they had. In all likelihood, she’d never share the same bond they did.

Despite her trepidation, she’d made her choice, and she was coming to care for both of them. Assuming they all survived the weeks ahead they would be building a future together. Gods alone knew what their feelings would be then.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 01/04/13, 11:15 pm

Z is for Zoo - Macen (and family, presumably!)

Macen wanted to hurry. The glass house had birds and butterflies and lizards with wings, but the new lady held him back. "Hold on," she said, gathering him up. He squirmed, but she was strong - and had claws, although they didn't poke him. "We have to wait for everyone." She pointed back to Daddy, Aleyn, and the other children. The little girl walked slow, but Aleyn helped her go faster, holding her hand. The bigger boy was talking with Daddy, very serious like grown-ups. Macen sighed, flopping against Ardith's chest, impatient for the others to catch up with him.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 01/04/13, 11:50 pm

S is for Sorry - Vedran

In the carriage one night, Vedran asked to kiss her, and, heart leaping, Ardith agreed. They had few chances to be alone. It soon turned into more than just kisses, their hands shyly venturing to explore one another's bodies - over their elaborate clothing, but still. Ardith's claws teased lightly at the nape of his neck, just above his collar, and he shivered, going tense. "Sorry," he said, and drew back.

"No, I'm sorry," she began, but he shook his head, and took her hand to reassure her.

"It's not you. We still have more to talk about, I guess..."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 02/04/13, 12:00 am

T is for Tip - Tavya

Kallista snored lightly, her arm draped over Tavya’s waist and her tail wound around the young woman’s leg. Tavya grimaced. The pressure on her bladder was building, but she didn’t want to wake her companion.

“Brenn…” she whispered.

“Mmmm...” came the groggy reply from the other side of the bed.

“I’m… stuck.”

“Huh? Oh…” Brenn mumbled, “Yeah. Stroke her neck.”

Tavya ran one soft hand gently along the tiefling’s collarbone. Immediately Kallista moaned and rolled over, her tail untangling itself. Tavya smiled and snuck quietly out of the bed while she had the chance.

“Thanks for the tip,” she whispered.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 02/04/13, 12:20 am

Y is for You - Beryl/Alia

Alia hadn't counted on just how much she would miss Beryl. They'd been apart before, of course, but it felt different now that things were more serious between them. She thought about commandeering the book for a love letter, but she didn't want everyone else reading what she really wanted to say. Instead she imagined arriving home, surprising Beryl with booze and presents, and then throwing all that aside for some desperate 'making up for lost time' sex. Most of all, though, she wanted to hear Beryl ask her, teasingly, "who did you miss most?" and to answer, wholeheartedly, "you."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 02/04/13, 08:39 am

B is for Ballista Sinslinger - Kallista

Ballista stood triumphant, the vast corpse of her foe lay slain behind her as she wiped the dragon’s blood from her sword. In the distance the setting sun silhouetted her heroic pose.

The thankful, handsome air-ship captain rushed forward to her.

“Ballista! You did it! You saved us all! How can I ever repay you?”

Ballista’s eyes traced his magnificent physique. His shirt had been torn away during the battle revealing his sculpted chest. Ballista’s grin widened.

“I’m sure we can find a way,” She said.

Kallista closed the book thoughtfully. After a few moments she shrugged.

“Ehh… Close enough.”

Last edited by tuck on 02/04/13, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 02/04/13, 09:03 am

W is for Wedding - Any

“Thank you for seeing me about this…” Ardith said with a tired smile, “I know right now the wedding flowers are the last thing on anyone’s mind.”

Jesseryn smiled pleasantly at the dragonborn as he led her into one of the back rooms of his house.

“Nonsense, my dear. I’ve actually been giving them quite some thought.”

The room was crowded with various flowers and ferns, but on top of the small table was a simple centerpiece. Three entwined roses; red, yellow, and white.

Ardith gasped and turned to Jesseryn, but his smile persisted.

“I thought it… fitting,” He said.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 02/04/13, 01:24 pm

D is for Downtime

The Pak had made themselves as comfortable as possible in their cave, but aside from occasional patrols there wasn’t much to do on the island. The twins or Redrum were sometimes good for a game of cards, usually while Sel and Thury yammered on about politics in the background.

Mel didn’t care about that stuff - he was in this for something to do. Lying around and thinking about what fun he’d get up to when they got back to Highmark, he realized it didn’t seem any more exciting. He must just be bored, he decided - that was all.
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 02/04/13, 08:05 pm

U is for Uneasy - Agyness

Agyness and her scouts were making their first foray into Nachtur proper after they’d secured their base on the northern perimeter. Alephos, on point, signaled he’d spotted something.

Drawing even with him, Agyness could see what had drawn his attention: several large fires dominated the central plaza, just as they’d observed from a distance. Two things marked them as more than the demonic collateral damage they’d assumed them to be: the fires were obviously contained within ritual circles, and a sizeable camp radiated out around them.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” she whispered as Alephos nodded his agreement.
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 04/04/13, 01:04 am

R is for Revelations - Roscoe

“Someone from our side is working with the primordials,” Ioun confessed, looking out on the still pond. Construct fish of silver and gold swam in the shallows under their feet. Roscoe liked watching them, trying to figure out how they worked. He appreciated the distraction from the unease her statement inspired.

“Are you sure?” he asked before realizing the question was unnecessary. Through all their conversations over the past...however long, Ioun had never lied to him, nor, it seemed, offered conjecture.

“That’s why you’re going, isn’t it? Why you’re sending me back?”

Ioun simply nodded, taking the warforged’s hand.
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 04/04/13, 01:15 am

G is for Get-away - Cale/Kier

“You know, this isn’t exactly the romantic getaway I had in mind,” Kier said, looking over the ancient maps of Nachtur Cael had spread out on his desk.

Standing behind him, Cael leaned down to kiss the top of Kier’s head.

“I know, but this is something I have to do,” the artificer said, his tone a mix of conviction and apology. “Its the right thing to do.”

“I know, and I absolutely support you. I just hope we’ll get some real time away to ourselves someday, time to just be us, together,” Kier responded. “Tell me again about Laekseid...”
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 06/04/13, 12:21 am

E is for Easy - Hanrak

Tzesira’s foot whipped out from her crouching stance, striking the shuriken and sending it clattering to the side. The Shadar Kai lifted her blindfold to smirk at its thrower.

“Too easy.”

Hanrak grinned.

“Really? Go again.”

Tzesira lowered the blindfold and braced herself, listening for the telltale whoosh of air.

Without warning she was pulled off of her feet. Her blindfold fell off as Hanrak slammed her into the ground, pinning her with a knee and an elbow.

“Still too easy?”

With a grin she pulled him to her, her mouth crushing his. They gripped each other fiercely.

“Fuck yes.”
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 06/04/13, 12:42 am

H is for Homecoming - The Crimson Mist

They were three days out of Highmark when they spotted a familiar figure up ahead. "Kielly?!" Saffron shouted, waving. The gnome turned with a grin and waited for them to catch up. When they did, Shargh scooped her up for a bone-crushing hug.

"You got the message too?" Saffron asked, once they’d all calmed down.

Kielly nodded. "What's up, do you know?"

"Only what it said – something big. Aleyn wouldn't do this without a damn good reason, though."

"Yeah… I hope he's okay," said Kielly, frowning. "You guys travel far?"

Shargh shrugged. "We didn't want to let him down again."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 06/04/13, 12:58 am

A is for Answers - Delona

“So you didn’t even write to him?” Roscoe asked, his face an exaggerated mask of worry; he was still practicing facial expressions.

“I didn’t really see the point right now,” Delona replied nonchalantly as she sat sharpening her blades. The act had become its own form of meditation after years of practice.

“But you could get answers about your family,” the warforged argued, confused.

Delona paused, looking around the cave to take in her companions, her hand going to the necklace Thruik had given her before they’d left. She favored Roscoe with a serene smile.

“I’ve already found my family.”
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 06/04/13, 12:16 pm

I is for Influence

Nariliyn Plumeria considered Jesseryn's creation while her student waited. "It's very innovative," she commented finally. "But you must consider the environment. If we were to plant it in The Wilds, it would be too easily overrun by more established varieties and your ...adaptations would be unlikely to endure."

Jesseryn didn't react to her unintentional hesitation, but nodded. "But if planted somewhere with less competition it could have the opportunity to develop."

"Yes. Of course. But you are unlikely to find such an environment anywhere in Vanilorra." She'd hoped to dissuade him, but found herself unnerved by his look of contemplation.
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 06/04/13, 12:35 pm

O is for Opportunity - Brenn
    Theosophale straightened his glasses and looked down at his notebook as the carriage rumbled down the cobblestone road.

“Tristo Varades is holding a fund raising gala on Watersday evening. It would be a good opportunity for you to make an appearance. Perhaps test the waters with some possible allies.”

Brenn eyed his political consultant warily. “Who’ll be there?” he asked.

The studious looking gnome shrugged.

“Everyone who’s anyone,”

Brenn nodded and turned his gaze back out the window to the city streets.

“I’d much rather be somewhere where nobody was anybody,” he muttered.

“Sir?”

“Nothing.” Brenn sighed. “Make the arrangements.”
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 08/04/13, 03:38 pm

Q is for Quixotic - Any

“No!” Kallista groaned. “I’m already covered in blood, slime, and that cleaning stuff, which for all we know is dragon piss. I’m not jumping into a charred dragon corpse to help you find a trophy.”

Tzesira stuck her head up from the burned mass of flesh and scales.

“Memento! I didn’t kill it.”

“Exactly!” Kallista replied, “So why do you care?”

“Look bitch, either get your pink ass in here or I’ll kick it six ways from Sunday.”

Kallista sighed.

“Oh, fuck it. I guess I’m already gonna be up half the night scrubbing. What’s one more layer of crap.”
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 08/04/13, 11:48 pm

V is for Vision - Hewalna

Selgrumel awoke to the sound of Hewalna breathing heavily. She rolled over and saw her shaking in her bedroll nearby.

“Are you okay? Another vision?”

Hewalna nodded. Selgrumel reached over and rubbed her trembling arm soothingly. Tears welled in the shaman’s eyes, but they didn’t fall.

“Two beasts… enormous beasts. They were fighting. We… all of us were caught between them. There were pillars of light. Fire and blood and teeth. A trove of copper and gold.”

“It’s okay…” Sel said soothingly, scooting over to hold her, “Whatever it is, we’ll deal with it the way we always do. Together.”
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 09/04/13, 03:52 pm

X is for Xyra - Aleyn

The house in Steepside looked comfortable - she'd done well for herself. But when the door opened her face looked hard, older than her years. "Xyra, wait," Aleyn began before she could slam it, and she paused, wary. "It's important. Hear me out?"

"Roth already tried," she growled. "What makes you think I'll listen to you? The last time you saw me you called me a whore."

"...we were all upset. It was unfair, I know. I'm sorry." It cost him a lot to say it, but it was a relief.

"Too late," she replied, and shut the door soundly.
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 10/04/13, 08:37 pm

J is for Justice - Thuryliet

Thuryliet scanned the names on the Callais’s list of sympathetic parliamentarians. It would be a close vote, but the goblins might finally be Nerathi in law as well as fact.

All those cold nights they were on campaign, tired and hungry. All those colder nights in Highmark which bore witness to the suffering of her people. Now they were going to mean something more, not just for her, but for everyone.

Finally, Nerath might begin to put right a wrong committed ages ago. She could feel the noble presence of her god at work.

This, then, was justice at last.
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 12/04/13, 10:27 am

Z is for Zest - Roscoe

Roscoe pulled the metal tea strainer out of the steaming cup and placed it to the side. With practiced ease he picked up the lemon and the knife, scratching the blade against the fruit, watching small yellow flakes of rind fall into the tea. A quick stir and it was finished. Just in time.

Exactly on schedule the flap of Dhenirigan’s tent opened and the swordmage climbed out, old bones creaking from sleep.

“Good morning Mr. Crayne.” Roscoe said pleasantly, holding out the steaming cup for him.

Dhenni smiled, taking the cup with a thankful nod.

“Good morning Mr. Scrye.”
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 15/04/13, 02:38 pm

E is for Eyebrows - Roscoe

Happy. Angry. Surprised. Roscoe faced the mirror, practicing adjusting his eyebrows (his own, real eyebrows!) into each appropriate configuration in order to denote specific emotional states so that humanoids (well, ones who came with eyebrows anyway) would be better able to perceive and understand his thoughts and feelings. Confused. Worried. Afraid. It was a lot of work, but he imagined that with time, the gestures would become more natural and instinctive to him. And he did love the way they looked, sitting there above his eyes all attached and mobile, able to convey so much with such little movements. Grateful.
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 18/04/13, 12:34 pm

C is for Cat - Kallista

“Oh it’s you,” Kallista said to the orange and white tabby that sat perched in her bedroom window. As it hopped down and sauntered over to her she noticed that it had something furry in its mouth.

“Whatcha got there, buddy?”

-------------------------------------------------------

Tzesira picked up the dead rat from her bed quizzically.

“The fuck?”

She grabbed the note lying next to it and began reading.

T,

The cat decided it wanted to give us a gift. I figured you’d like it since you seem so interested in collecting dead shit. Next time don’t ask me to sift through dragon carcasses.

<3
    -K-

Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Alphabet drabble challenge!  - Page 4 Empty Q is for Questions - Kallista

Post by Curtana 15/05/13, 06:16 pm

When Kallista was little, she used to get in trouble for asking too many questions. Her mother would shush her during rituals when she piped up to ask whether the knife hurt the sacrifice. When she was a little older, the punishments for talking out of turn were more severe than a sharp glare and a slap on the wrist, so she learned to stop asking. But the questions in her head continued - did things have to be this way? was it right? what would happen if she left? The answers, she realized, could only come from within herself.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Alphabet drabble challenge!  - Page 4 Empty U is for Underwear - Kallista

Post by Curtana 15/05/13, 07:30 pm

Doing laundry while on the road was a luxury. The chance to strip off sweaty, stinky armor (because it always was kind of stinky, no matter how much care Kallista took in cleaning it after each fight) and wash her underthings in a stream was a refreshing, and much-needed, break. The boys had already done their washing up – well, except Vedran, who preferred to use his ritual to get clean, and Roscoe, who didn’t wear clothes – and now it was the girls’ turn. Kallista grinned, feeling benevolent – she would wait until Tzesira had her clothes off before initiating the splash-fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 11:14 am