Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Settling Accounts

Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Settling Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Settling Accounts

Post by Josh 26/06/12, 11:19 am

Brenn smirked, scribbling on the chalkboard

"So Yarr tells me. I try to avoid taking my crew's money. Its not good for morale."

He turned back to regard Kallista.

"So you sent just her and Sir Dhenirigan? Is there a plan beyond just sending them away?"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/12, 11:25 am

"Not... as such." Kallista said with a sigh, "We're still trying to figure out what we can do. Until then she needs to stay as out of sight as possible."

"I mean, who do we go to about this? Anyone in a position to help either wouldn't believe us or might be in on it."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 26/06/12, 11:09 pm

"Well, I think, in your efforts to contain the situation, you may have overlooked some avenues of aid here. I've got connections that might be able to help. No less does Beryl, Cael, or any of the rest of our little circle. Let me ask around. You know I can be discrete, and maybe I can feel out the edges of this thing."

Walking back to the table, he sighed as he sank into his chair.

"I do think you're right to keep this as unofficial as possible. Its entirely possible that, were this public, the Parliament or the Council would back such research."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/12, 11:27 pm

"Well" Kallista smiled, "I do know how good you are at feeling out the edges of things."

She looked back at her drink and decided that she was going to drink it whether it was a good idea or not. She picked it up and sipped it, feeling it warmth of it spreading to her stomach.

"I can't honestly say that it doesn't scare me to have you poking around inside this thing, but maybe you can make some headway where we can't. Thank you for your help. Just... please be careful, ok?"
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 26/06/12, 11:31 pm

Brenn gave her a lop-sided grin.

"I'd love to tell you I'm always careful, but you'd know that was a lie. I can say, however, that I am always aware of the risks."

He paused, letting the smile sink in.

"I'll be sure and use a soft touch."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/12, 11:37 pm

The smile. It was always that smile that got to her. Brenn's grin could melt an ice elemental, and even with only one two fingers of rum in her, Kallista couldn't help but fall for it. She scooted her chair closer to him so that their knees were touching and put her hand on his thigh.

"I know you will." she said, leaning in to kiss him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/09/24, 05:24 pm