Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Minor magic item loot

Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Minor magic item loot Empty Minor magic item loot

Post by Curtana 25/10/12, 04:41 pm

I was looking around in the compendium anyway, so I figured I could jot down some magic items that might be good candidates for the 3500 GP of random low-level items we acquired. These are just some ideas, basically things I saw where it was like "well if you don't have a magic item in this slot already, this would provide some small benefit - better than nothing." Josh pointed out we could also pick from low-level potions and/or scrolls (or for those of us who use ammunition, special arrows?) but I didn't even get into that, just permanent magic items. I didn't particularly look for head/neck slot items because we get those, although I did include a few that would be more likely to be useful out of combat, when it's easy enough to switch out whatever you're wearing. I also didn't look for any armor or weapons, on the assumption that we all have better stuff already! Of course the other option would be to assume we just trade them in for cash monies Smile If some people want items and some want cash, we could probably divide it up somehow?

That said, here are some things that I thought looked okay - it's by no means a comprehensive list, so if you have something else you're interested in feel free to suggest it!

Burglar's Gloves Level 1 Common
    These fingerless black gloves are embroidered with dark red sigils and improve your thievery skills.
    Hands Slot 360 gp
    Property: You gain a +1 item bonus to Thievery checks.

Headband of Perception Level 1+ Common
    This chiffon headwrap is stitched with eye-shaped patterns, which heighten your senses.
    Lvl 1 360 gp
    Head Slot
    Property: You gain a +1 item bonus to Perception checks.

Gem of Colloquy Level 2+ Uncommon
    This jewel hovers near your head, sharpening your wit and expanding your knowledge of languages.
    Lvl 2 520 gp
    Head Slot
    Property: Gain a +1 item bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks. Understand and speak 1 additional language, chosen at the time of the gem’s creation.

Reading Spectacles Level 2 Common
    Your vision blurs the first time you put on these spectacles, then all written text comes into perfect focus and clarity.
    Head Slot 520 gp
    Property: You can read any language (the spectacles do not grant the ability to speak or write a language).

Sun Globe Level 1 Common
    After being installed in a socket on the wall or ceiling, these fistsized crystal globes shed light when commanded.
    Wondrous Item 360 gp
    Property: You can command this item to shed bright or dim light either 5 or 10 squares in all directions as a free action (or to shed no light).

Boots of Stealth Level 3+ Common
    The soft leather soles and down lining of these supple boots quiet your footsteps.
    Lvl 3 680 gp
    Feet Slot
    Property: Gain a +2 item bonus to Stealth checks.

Belt of Vigor Level 2+ Common
    This chain metal belt improves your recuperative abilities.
    Lvl 2 520 gp
    Waist Slot
    Property: You gain a +1 item bonus to your healing surge value.

Aldron's Firebox Level 2 Common
    This small box is made of darkly stained pine with a number of arcane symbols branded into the side.
    Wondrous Item 520 gp
    Property: This box unfolds (a standard action) to reveal a magic campfire. This fire is warm, comfortable, and cannot be doused by any action beyond refolding the box (another standard action).

Bracers of the Perfect Shot Level 3+ Common
    These enchanted armbands increase the damage you deal with a single ranged attack.
    Lvl 3 680 gp
    Arms Slot
    Property: When you hit with a ranged basic attack, you gain a +2 item bonus to the damage roll.

Catstep Boots Level 3 Uncommon
    These enchanted boots reduce falling damage and enhance your acrobatics and athletics skills.
    Feet Slot 680 gp
    Property: When you fall or jump down, you take only half normal falling damage and always land on your feet.
    Power Daily (Free Action): Gain a +5 power bonus to your next Acrobatics check or Athletics check.

Arcanist's Glasses Level 3 Uncommon
    These spectacles increase your sensitivity to the subtle patterns of magic.
    Head Slot 680 gp
    Property: Gain a +3 item bonus to Arcana checks to detect magic.

Cask of Liquid Gold Level 3 Common
    This cask contains a never-ending supply of dwarven ale.
    Wondrous Item 680 gp
    Property: At the start of each day, the cask fills to its full volume with dwarven ale. Any ale taken from the cask evaporates if it has not been consumed when the cask refills.

Kitrazzle
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Minor magic item loot Empty Re: Minor magic item loot

Post by Kitrazzle 07/11/12, 11:56 pm

Restful Bedroll (lvl 1)
    Wondrous Item 360gp
    Property: Whenever you complete an extended rest in the restful bedroll, you gain 1d8 temporary hit points

Woundstitch Powder (lvl 1)
    360gp
    Property: You sprinkle this dust on an adjacent dying creature. That creature stops making death saving throws until it takes damage, and any untyped ongoing damage on the creature ends.

Tusk Shield (lvl 2)
    Arm slot 520gp Light Shield
    Property: Whenever you charge, you gain a +2 item bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn

Bracers of Enforced Regret (lvl 2)
    Arm slot 520gp
    Property: While you're marked, you gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls against the enemy that marked you.

Executioner's Bracers (lvl 3)
    Arm slot 680gp
    Property: When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d6 extra damage
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 09/11/12, 02:55 pm

For Aleyn, I'd be most interested in the Arcanist's Glasses. Just throwing that out there Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 08:36 am