Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

3 posters

Impromptu Breakfast Meeting

Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Impromptu Breakfast Meeting - Page 4 Empty Re: Impromptu Breakfast Meeting

Post by Curtana 01/04/13, 10:42 pm

"Speaking of your father," Aleyn said, "are we thinking of asking him to help with the... concealment efforts? Or do we have other ideas of where we can possibly stash the thing for now?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 01/04/13, 11:02 pm

"He's certainly the best immediate option,I think, even if we want to come up with something else in the... well, the medium term?"
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 02/04/13, 11:56 am

"All right," Aleyn said, taking another sip of coffee. "I guess we were going there this morning anyway to get Macen, we can make a trade," he joked lightly.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 02/04/13, 12:54 pm

"Hmm, well," Vedran pretended to consider, "I think we'd definitely be getting the better end of the deal in that case. He might not go for it." He grinned, with a slight apologetic look at Sel. But the break in serious conversation was well times, as their server reappeared with plates of hearty looking breakfast foods. All three took awhile to savour the fare before getting back to the conversation. Vedran looked to Sel. "I know it would be safe with him, anyway, but you have other ideas I'm open to suggestions. At least this one is portable. Who knows what the other will be like? I don't want to keep them together, certainly, and we're going to need to hold on to them for at least a little while..." He tilted his head, considering. "That said, if they know we have them both, they may just dig in and wait for us to come instead of trying to come after them. But it doesn't hurt to be cautious."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 04/04/13, 12:01 am

"Strategically, yeah, its wiser to wait us out, try to take the stones when we get to Nachtur," Sel offered after taking a sip of coffee wash down some of Qaplah's spicy breakfast sausage. "That said, I wouldn't put it past them to try to hit us beforehand anyway. I mean, what they lack in strength they make up for in breadth. They seem to be everywhere."

She paused a moment in thought.

"Jesseryn seems like a good plan for one of them. I'd say Natt's uncle would be a good choice for the second, though that would mean keeping them both in Highmark, and I'm not sure if that's the best idea. What about the Grumachar, if they're already helping out? Or your tribe?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 04/04/13, 12:04 am

"I'd have to ask Thru about the Grumachar, but I had been considering the Grobashka.... they're mobile, which is an obvious advantage. Who's Natt's uncle?"
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 04/04/13, 12:08 am

Selgrumel's answering smile was indecently amused.

"Oh, I thought you knew. Grugalen Wengal Hruggek, known to most as Hruggek the Goat. I know his reputation outside of our people isn't great, but he's a pillar of our community. And, while he may not have the resources of a great House, he's got quite the pool of talent."

She leaned in an lowered her voice.

"Beyond that, cards on the table, he's also one of the leaders of the Agrun Tosh. We need his help anyway, and they're pretty skilled at laying low."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 04/04/13, 10:23 am

Vedran's eyebrows shot up at the mention of Hruggek, but he kept his voice low to match Selgrumel's. "That's... something. Hmm. Well, we have had dealings with him before, at least. I don't really have a good sense of what the Agrun Tosh is though - which I suppose just supports your comment."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 04/04/13, 02:46 pm

"Wait, that Hruggek?" Aleyn's eyes widened a bit. "Well... I guess if anyone would know about keeping things quiet and well-hidden, it would be him, if even half the rumors are true."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 04/04/13, 06:41 pm

"More than half, I'd suspect. He's not a...forgiving man, I'll admit. But he's loyal to our people, and he sees Nerath as their best hope."

Selgrumel took a long drink of coffee before continuing.

"As for the Agrun Tosh, the short version is they're a secret society that looks out for the interests of the goblin peoples. The longer version goes back before the end of your empires."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 04/04/13, 06:47 pm

"Well, then it sounds like he is definitely someone we want to bring on board with this. I'll try and set up a meeting I guess - do you think it would be better to wait until you're back? As for the stones - I'm not sure I'm quite ready to rely on an ally we haven't actually reached out to yet. And if we don't want to keep them both in Highmark, the Grobashka may be a better bet."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 05/04/13, 01:27 am

"You should probably leave contacting him to us; it'll go smoother that way, and cost you less," Selgrumel answered with a small smile.

"As for the stone, I'm fine with leaving it with the Grobashka. The more I think about it, the less I like having them both in Highmark. Hopefully, it won't be much of a problem for long."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 05/04/13, 01:32 am

"Right." He nodded. "I'll leave this one with my father, then, until we can get it to then. If the other one is less portable, it will probably be easier for him to hang on to it than them." He took another bite of sausage. "Is there anything else we should be going over while you're here? My brain is running on low right now."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 05/04/13, 11:22 pm

"I think anything else can be left safely 'til we get back. Hopefully, that'll be in the next few days, depending on how extensive this complex is. Right now, I'm happy to focus on one task at a time. I'll leave the politicking to you guys as long as I can.""
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 05/04/13, 11:45 pm

"Are you sure you don't want us to come back with you, help you finish up the job? Getting into a fight might be fun..." He sighed when Vedran gave him a pointed look. "Oh well... good luck, I hope it goes smoothly, and you guys can be back here to join in the fun of meetings soon."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 06/04/13, 01:16 am

"There is plenty of other fun to be had *not* getting killed. Also comfier beds and better food." Vedran smirked, with an apologetic shrug to Sel. "But I'll be happy to have you all back."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 06/04/13, 01:21 am

"Oh! Maybe you can get a huge bag of sausage and biscuits to go and take them back for everyone," Aleyn suggested cheerfully.
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 06/04/13, 01:26 am

"That was my plan. Who knows, maybe fresh food will be enough for a morale bonus."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 06/04/13, 01:48 am

"Heh. Maybe it would be even more motivational to promise you guys a big dinner when you get home, to celebrate," Aleyn suggested, finishing off the last of his breakfast.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 06/04/13, 02:22 am

Vedran nodded, swallowing the last of his breakfast. "It will really be the least we could do. But I guess if that'll all the business, we can get you back on your way once you've got your take out in hand, and we can head up to see my father."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 06/04/13, 02:55 am

"Well, there's one other thing we need to have in hand," Aleyn added. "Uh, should we just... make the switch here?"
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 06/04/13, 03:02 am

Selgrumel scanned the still nearly empty diner.

"I don't see why not. I doubt old Hurkem over there is planning on taking it from us," she commented with a nod and a smile towards the obviously hungover orc at the counter.

Reaching into her pocket, Selgrumel produced the doomstone. She had to admit, given all the Thunderbolts had gone through to get it, it didn't look like much. With a slight shrug, she passed it over under the table.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 06/04/13, 03:22 am

Aleyn took the stone from Sel. As soon as he touched it, he could sense the raw power contained within it. It was strange, unlike any magic he'd ever felt before. He tucked it inside his coat pocket hastily, not really wanting to handle it longer than was necessary. "Thanks," he told her. "We'll take good care of it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 09:15 am