Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Shop Talk

Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Shop Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Shop Talk

Post by Josh 02/08/13, 09:53 am

"Fair point," Noah admitted grudgingly. He considered trying to dispute several points, but he knew arguing with Lil wasn't really going to get him anywhere. Instead, he settled on a question.

"Do you really think she was pretending? To be human, I mean."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 02/08/13, 10:50 am

Lil considered the question, thinking about Jenny in relation to Noah - her.... monsteryness in relation to his. "I don't know - I haven't read up on whatever she was yet. I know she was a liar and manipulative. She was definitely pretending to be something, or someone she wasn't."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 02/08/13, 11:27 pm

"So she wasn't like Matt? A person that just got...changed?"

Noah frowned, considering. If she hadn't been human to begin with...
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 02/08/13, 11:36 pm

"Not like Matt, I don't think, but there was....something going on, with her family. They were paying a lot of attention to her, anyway, even though she was supposed to have died as a baby. But I mean, even if she was, she still lied so that she could try and drag Matt back there. She still could have killed Addie." Lil paused. "Like I said - it isn't how she was born that made her a monster. I'll look into what I can find out about her, though."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 12:04 am

Noah wasn't sure how much he agreed, but it was probably best to give it some more thought. For the moment, he decided to change the subject, at least slightly.

"That reminds me, I think we have other homework for this. She wrote something before she died, on the door...with her blood. Like a nursery rhyme or something, only more terrifying."

He coughed, giving Lil a sheepish look, before continuing.

"No matter what you do
    No matter who you call
    No matter how you cry
    The Rogue will get you all."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 12:11 am

Lil scowled. "Fuckin' great. What's the Rogue?" She sighed. "Something else to look up, I guess."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 04:14 am

"Yeah," Noah said, sighing. "This is just going to keep coming, huh?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 08:54 am

"Looks like. And we'll all have to figure out how to deal with it."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 08:57 am

Noah gave Lil a sidelong smile.

"Look at you, with the pep talk and all. Maybe you should talk to Cecilia and Madison about joining 'em on the squad..."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 09:08 am

Lil rolled her eyes and made a face. "Oh fuck off. This isn't a pep talk just - stop being an idiot. And we really are going to have to figure out how to deal with this shit, because I don't want to see what happened to Addie happen again."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 09:12 am

"Yeah, its...hey, Mr. Winters, is he just teaching you guys about, you know," Noah asked, wiggling his fingers in a vague gesture, "or is it about all these things we keep finding, too? It seems like we need to know more about what's out there, you know?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 09:15 am

Lil shrugged at that. "David's more interested in the actual... magic stuff. Its really cool, but I wanna know more about what's out there, too. But at least now I know better where to look for things, and I can figure out better what's worth reading."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 09:17 am

"He's got that special collection at the library, right? Do you, like, need a card or something?"

Noah shrugged, somewhat awkwardly leaned up against the car.

"Seems worth putting some time into."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 09:21 am

"Mr. Winters know you, that's probably good enough. You could come on a Monday and see if its your thing, and at least get him to show you around. David probably could too, if you wanted to ask him." She could too, of course, but iot felt weird to offer and she had a vague sense that if he took her up on it, Madison might skin her alive. Something about cheerleaders.
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 10:00 am

"Just because he knows me doesn't mean he'll want me there," Noah said, frowning. "I'm not moping again, this is legit. My family, I get the impression they don't really get along well with a lot of the other, uh, people in the know. I don't know if Mr. Winters would want to deal with that, and I bet my granddad would kick my...be less than happy."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 10:31 am

Lil considered, and nodded. "Well, I can ask him. I know he doesn't like to let books out of the collection, but he's not the only one around with resources. I know another lady in town who like... runs this weird lending chain. We can probably get stuff though her." As long as Lil wasn't planning on *buying* any more of them, Rowan had seemed amenable to the idea when they'd gone to her with help on the Winters' case. "If we do that, as long as we get them back it probably wont matter which of us has them."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 03/08/13, 10:55 am

"Cool. Yeah. I mean, whatever we can learn will help, right? Mr. Winters has saved our bacon before, but, like with this bit...we can't just leave stuff to the adults, and they don't seem like they're jumping to keep us informed."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 03/08/13, 12:29 pm

Lil shrugged again, and was about to expound further on her opinions on adult supervision, when the bell rang.

"Shit." She frowned, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "Well - I'll let you know what I find out about stuff. I'll see you around." The last part was an imperative, and she backed it with another stern look before turning to head off to class.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 11:14 am