Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

3 posters

Consecration

Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Consecration - Page 2 Empty Re: Consecration

Post by Josh 26/09/13, 10:57 am

"Well, its not like we wouldn't support you even if it did, dear," Ardith said in a placating tone. "It certainly isn't here in Nachtur, not with our constituencies. Even with rationing, curfews, all of that, it'd be pretty difficult to lose what we earned by being the first ones in. Or, rather, I suppose you were, though I was here before the first assault." She puncuated her last point with a wink.

"Back home in Highmark...well, the temple isn't thrilled about it, but the work we're doing in Nachtur buys me some leeway. Its nothing I can't manage." Ardith put forward a positive face, not wanting to worry her partners.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 26/09/13, 11:04 am

"I know... I know you would," Aleyn said, managing a smile. "I just worry that it's going to make me a lot more... visible, and people will pay more attention to us, or to our relationship, again. And just when I thought we'd gotten to the point where the gossip was dying down. Or at least, I thought it was dying down? Maybe it wasn't, maybe people are just being more careful about it now?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/09/13, 01:01 pm

Vedran Smiled, reaching a hand out to each of his partners - He was a little concerned, but more about the two of them than anything else. "It might stir a few things up, but I think people realize that it isn't going to change or go away. It won't be anything we can't handle."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 26/09/13, 03:01 pm

Aleyn took Vedran's offered hand, clutching it for reassurance. "I hope you're both right, and that we'll be able to handle whatever might happen." He turned to Ardith. "You always seem to hear more of that sort of stuff - are people talking?"
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 27/09/13, 11:39 pm

"Well, I haven't been home in a while, so I'm only getting secondhand accounts, but it seems about the same as it has been," Ardith replied with a derisive sniff. "People can't decide whether I'm a fool or a whore, but they don't like it either way. Not many are brave enough to say it to my face, though, and, to outside appearances, we're not doing anything plenty of others haven't. It seems they're mostly upset we're so 'open' about it, whatever precautions we may take for the sake of propriety."

Ardith darted forward to plant a quick kiss on the cheek on each of her partners.

"I think they're just jealous," she said confidently.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 27/09/13, 11:51 pm

Vedran smiled. "Well, I know I would be..."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 27/09/13, 11:56 pm

"Well clearly if anyone is the whore here, it's me," Aleyn said with a sardonic smile. "Also a gold digger. Because I'm such a social climber," he added, rolling his eyes a bit. "Not to mention this whole Sehanine temple thing." He gestured to the room around them, with its pile of furnishings in the middle of the floor. "They should really think you're a very patient woman for putting up with all of this scandalous carrying-on," he teased, squeezing their hands.

"Speaking of which... I hope you both know you would be welcome at the ceremony, although of course it's your choice if you'd like to attend or not. Either way, though, once we have the place set up, I'd love to have a... trial run with you," he told them, blushing adorably. "To make sure everything's all ready."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 28/09/13, 10:42 am

Vedran's smiled remained but his eyebrows went up. He was pretty sure it was neither Ardith not Aleyn that people were blaming for the...unorthodoxy of their relationship, but there was no point in turning it into a contest.  Instead he focused on the rest of the statement. "Are you talking something more ceremonial or do you just want the place properly broken in?  Or is that the same thing, in this case?"

Last edited by elanya on 30/09/13, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 28/09/13, 10:46 am

"Uh, mostly the same," Aleyn admitted, "although I might say a few words before and after to... set the tone and then wrap things up appropriately, so to speak."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 01/10/13, 11:22 pm

"'Appropriate' being relative," Ardith replied with a wink and mischievous grin. "That sounds fine, dear. As to the ceremony, of course I'm coming. Stranger people than Erathin clerics attend these things, and, as your partner, I wouldn't miss it."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 01/10/13, 11:30 pm

"Appropriate by Sehanine's standards," Aleyn agreed with a smirk of his own. "And thank you, I appreciate it. You can make sure my hair and robes and everything look presentable before I have to stand up in front of everyone," he said, trying to sound less nervous than he was at that prospect.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 01/10/13, 11:37 pm

Vedran lifted his husband's hand to his lips.  He'd talked to Aleyn before about the ceremonies, and knew that he would have the option of attending without participating more broadly.  Even so, he wasn't sure how comfortable he would feel, but he knew that Aleyn and Ardith would both understand.  "I want to try to come to the ceremony, but I can't promise how long I'll stay."  He paused to consider, then grinned.  "I would be happy to help out with the music, too, if you need me. And of course you know I'm more than happy to help break the place in ahead of time."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 02/10/13, 07:24 am

Aleyn smiled, leaning over to kiss his husband on the cheek. "I understand. Whenever you feel like you're ready to leave, that's fine. It'll be great to have you there for whatever you're able to stay for. And I had been wondering about whether you could maybe help with the music, so that would be amazing if you could." Not only would Vedran surely do a wonderful job of that, but it would hopefully keep him busy and his mind on other things, so he could avoid getting too stressed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 08:36 am