Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

4 posters

Interesting Times

elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Interesting Times - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting Times

Post by elanya 09/01/14, 11:48 am

Isha shook her head, but looked a little sad. "Matters at home that I hope to find some solution for. A curse that needs lifting."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 09/01/14, 11:52 am

Tok nodded empathetically.

"Perhaps when our business here is done there may be time to help you find a solution."

Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 09/01/14, 12:04 pm

Osynech had maintained a brooding silence for most of the hike from her home, contemplating her next move. These emissaries seemed a worthy lot, but she had obligations and loyalties elsewhere. She'd settled down, vaguely listening to their conversation as she rested, but the statement by the one from Morro drew her attention.

"What kind of curse?" she asked with professional curiosity.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 09/01/14, 12:27 pm

Isha glanced over at the trollish witch, who she'd thought was dozing. "Its effects are manifest in two ways. It has cast its bearer into a deep sleep from which she cannot be woken, and it has placed a blight on the surrounding land, which I have done my best to combat. We do not know the whole story of how it came about - she is a soldier, and was cursed for raiding a temple as part of her orders." Isha shrugged - the broader conflicts of Morro had never been a concern of hers, save when they had interfered directly in her territory. "It is someone else's quest to seek those details. I am more concerned with the land."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 09/01/14, 12:35 pm

"Hmm," Osynech replied, considering. "Have you tried moving her? If the effect is localized, that's a simple enough solution. Hells, if the land is your concern, I'd advise just killing her, unless you believe the curse would pass along the bloodline or some such."

She shrugged, apparently none too concerned about her suggestion.

"If you're concerned about waking her, you'd need to know more about the origin of the curse. Divine, one would presume, but I'd heard you don't go in for gods too much down south. More respect for the dead and spirits and, well, people like you and I."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 09/01/14, 12:39 pm

"The most expedient route is not always the best one," Tok commented with an amused grin, "I would hope that any solution involving the woman's death would be a worst-case scenario option. In my experience, these sorts of curses tend to involve some sort of penance or recompense for the crime. Since the woman is asleep, perhaps atoning to the god or spirit of the temple on her behalf might help."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 09/01/14, 12:51 pm

"You're certainly right," Osynech answered with a questionably conciliatory smile. "But I believe expedience and quality are servants of entirely different masters. One bows to time; the other, taste."

"But, yes, short of crude unweaving of the enchantment, propitiation of it's creator is the most direct way to lift it."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 09/01/14, 03:31 pm

Isha nodded. "Her death would not be ideal, certainly her family would not think so. I would prefer to avoid it, and I am not certain, in any case, that it would remove the curse, or the blight. her sister has gone to see what the root of the curse may be, if she can. It it is with her power to make appropriate reparations, then so be it." Isha paused, frowning slightly. "I will admit, however, that the idea of someone, or something, carrying out a curse on my home does rankle. We shall see as well, what will me made of the issue of... reparations."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 09/01/14, 08:00 pm

"What about you, Osynech? Where will you go now? I cannot speak for the rest of the party, but I for one would welcome you if you decided to travel with us for a time. There is always room for another spellcaster, and you may find that Lady Kumiho is a just and wise patron."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 10/01/14, 10:06 am

Osynech spared the changeling an appraising glance.

"I'd say I'm too old to go traipsing around the countryside, but for all I know I'm the youngest person here. You never know with us fey."

She shrugged.

"I'll give it some more thought as we travel. I'm sure I can wheedle a room out of Laire if I need time to figure out my next move. I'd like to return home, but I've a feeling Hrarforn might not be any more well-inclined towards me after an escape."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 10/01/14, 11:18 am

"Are there other tribes that might take you in? Certainly one with your knowledge and skills should be welcome in certain circles."
    Josh
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh 10/01/14, 11:34 am

"You mentioned a lost tribe and former lord, yet you've only found a replacement for the latter," Osynech responded. "Some intimacies are irreplaceable. I've a feeling this will not be the end of my tribe's troubles, and I'm loathe to abandon them for too long unless necessary."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 10/01/14, 12:06 pm

Tok nodded.

"Then I will pray that whatever displeasure Hrarforn feels is short lived and that you find your way home in time."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 10:24 am