Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Urgent Matters

elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Urgent Matters Empty Urgent Matters

Post by elanya 12/02/15, 12:31 am

Denise had been looking for a chance all night, but the place was packed and Argent had a couple of big, loud tables to take care of at first. They cleared out around one, though, and it seemed like things weren't going to get too much crazier, so she excused herself with a nod to Ander, who was in the middle of talking to that boring old guy again, and followed after when she saw Argent head for his break.

"Uh - hey," she said as she managed to catch up. "You got a sec?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Urgent Matters Empty Re: Urgent Matters

Post by Vess123 12/02/15, 07:25 pm

Argent was thankful for the friendly break when Denise approached him. He smiled warmly at her.

"Sure girl, what's up? You wanna nab a drink?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 12/02/15, 09:25 pm

"Sure, that'd be great!" She waited until they got settled in a quiet corner before continuing. "So uh- busy night eh?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 12/02/15, 09:44 pm

Argent shrugs. "I've been busier. It's nothing I can't handle, but don't think the break isn't appreciated." He takes a long drink of his beer. "So what's on your mind?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 12/02/15, 09:51 pm

"Well. Um." Denise fiddled with the end of her braid. "I got a favour to ask. You might think it's kinda silly though."
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 12/02/15, 10:08 pm

"Best be out with it before you fret too much over what you're about to ask me," Argent replies. "I will be as open to whatever it is, as I can be."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 12/02/15, 10:27 pm

"i'm not frettin'" Denise sighed. "Well, okay, maybe a little - less about the *you* parts though. But - you know my friend Mireva? She was with me that one night when I came in just for fun, right?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 13/02/15, 05:29 am

"Yeah, I think so," Argent tries to recall. "Is there something wrong? Is she ok?" Now a hint of confusion touched his voice.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 13/02/15, 09:38 am

"Oh! Heh." Denise winced, perhaps a twinge guiltily. She hadn't meant to make it sound like a bad favour, but maybe that was just the nature of the other things they'd been conspiring on. "Nah, she's good. Ain't no one in trouble or nothing like that." She took a sip of her beer, still trying to think of how to put it. "But like - would maybe wanna go to the movies with her?" She didn't wait to give him a chance to answer right away, pressing into the explanation. "'Cause, like, I got this date, I guess, with Enver, and she said maybe it could be like a *double* date so then she'd be around if I need like.... advice or whatever, 'cause I ain't real good at this sort of girl stuff, ya know? Well, *she* didn't say that part, I did. But, see, I figure you at least met Enver so maybe that'll be easier, if it ain't new folks all across the board, like."
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 14/02/15, 06:36 am

Argent sat in silence surprised. Of the many things he could think Denise asking him for a favor, this never had crossed his mind.

"So..." he started after a moment, "you want me to take your friend, Mireva out on a double date with you and Enver... and what does Mireva think of this idea?"

Inside he winced knowing his hesitation having likely not gone over well.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/02/15, 09:27 am

"Oh, um, she thought it'd be fun, I guess. I mean, you don't gotta, if you don't want to, or nothin'..." Maybe he was just surprised, but he didn't seem real keen on it either. She looked down at her beer, taking another sip.
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 14/02/15, 11:35 am

"Don't be so dour, of course I'm going to do it, and it does sound like it would be fun." Argent tried to lighten the mood. "And don't consider it a favor, you're just being a good friend and inviting me along."

"I don't really know much about Mireva, other than she's your friend. Does she know what you and Ender do? Fill me in."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/02/15, 12:10 pm

"Oh, okay!  Thanks!"  She grinned more broadly, relaxing visibly.  "It's En*ver*, though.  But Mireva's really cool!  An' she's got the generals, ya know, if not all the specifics.  She ain't go not parents neither, but she grew up in the Shade, and she knows like everyone!  Now she works in a shop there, selling clothes an make-up an stuff to the Shadar-Kai dames."
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 14/02/15, 03:23 pm

"Ender... Enver...close enough." Argent teased. "I suppose she knows about the Swarm and stuff too... the old stuff, not the recent stuff. How hard did you sell me to her? Just wondering what kind of expectations I need to live up to."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/02/15, 03:31 pm

"Oh yeah, she knows all about that stuff." Denise grinned, her eyes twinkling mischievously. "And it weren't a hard sell. I just told her she'd probably get a discount on grabbin' your ass."
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 15/02/15, 09:11 am

Argent colors just a little bit and laughs. "I never realized how much of an asset it was. For my girl friends, I think I'll just charge an equal exchange policy. Seems only fair to me and avoids a lot of bills"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 15/02/15, 02:20 pm

Denise chuckled. "Ass-et, eh? We'll I'll let her know the deal. Prolly she won't really, though, unless you want her to. But I think you'll get along, though, 'cause you're both really cool, an' smart, an' stuff."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content