Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

3 posters

New friends

tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

New friends Empty New friends

Post by tuck 24/06/13, 02:34 pm

So far this semester his Film as Media class had not been exactly what David had imagined. He had expected a breeze class where he could watch movies all period and ace the exams with little effort, but when he'd gotten the syllabus on the first day his hopes had been shattered. Scanning down the list of movies left him a bit bummed. Metropolis, The Great Dictator, Citizen Cane, M, Ben Hur, Das Boot... the list was extensive and terrifying. He'd only seen one or two of the movies on the list, and not a single one had been made after he had been born.

On top of that, he'd been finding that his teacher, Mrs. Peddleton, loved the sound of her own voice. It was somewhere during her lengthy rant about the use of shadows in film... or was it foreshadowing... where he fell asleep, waking up a few minutes later to the muffled giggles of the rest of the class. He'd been snoring again.

Luckily, the school bell saved him soon after and he filed out into the hallway desperately hoping that fourth period would be quicker and less mind-numbing.

He turned the corner and saw Addie at her locker throwing her books into it. He smiled and his eyes sank slightly to the tight-fitting black t-shirt she was wearing until she happened to turn and catch him staring.

"Oh!" he said quickly, shouldering his backpack, "Hey... umm... Addie. How's it going?"
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

New friends Empty Re: New friends

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 01:13 pm

Addie smiled at David's obviously sleep-tousled - and really, it was sort of cute - hair. "Hey Killer," she said, fishing out one slim binder from beneath a stack of heavier books. Pointing at her chest, she said, "You like?" stretched across the shirt was a stylized grey logo for THE DENVER GENTLEMEN.
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/13, 02:01 pm

David blinked.

Killer? Was that a good sign?

"I... definitely!" he said, "I mean... your shirt. It's cool."

His head tilted slightly.

"What is it?"
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 02:10 pm

Addie laughed. "It's a band, they're awesome. They only existed for, like, two years, but I really like their stuff. They didn't sell stuff, so I had to make the shirt myself, but I think it turned out pretty okay." She paused, looking away a little shyly. "If you wanted, I could copy some of my mp3s, or whatever."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/13, 02:37 pm

"Yeah, that would be cool." David said, nodding his head and trying to sound as cool and non-comittal as possible. He had to force himself to maintain eye contact with her or he knew his eyes would wander again.

"So... that was some pretty weird stuff the other night, huh? I mean, it was cool, though."

Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 03:07 pm

"Yeah, like... " Addie shook her head, raising her eyebrows in a look of complete WTF. "I don't even know where to start with this stuff, you know? Like, I'll see Celia in the hall, or Noah out on the field, and it's like... fuck, dude. Werewolves. Changelings. Local trollery."

She shook her head again, as if to clear it, and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm kinda glad it's over, though. I mean, not like, everything, but the part where we're maybe getting killed, you know?"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/13, 03:14 pm

David laughed awkwardly, glancing around to make sure no one was listening or looking at them funny.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Like I would love to know more about what was going on back there... but maybe from a bit further away, next time.

He reached down and rubbed the spot on his ribs that was still sore from being sent flying.

"That fucker hit like a semi-truck. And I should know. I get knocked on my ass pretty often."
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 03:20 pm

Addie gave a squint and a half-smile, "Right, right, you play football. Is it crazy rude to say I've never been to a game?" she laughed awkwardly. "Not really my thing. Plus, my folks would pretty much shit a brick if I ever got all Rah Rah School Spirit on them."

"Wait, you DO mean football, right? There's not, like, some abusive home situation I should know about? After-school special shit?" She put a hand on David's shoulder and gave him a faux-serious look. "Do you need to show us on the doll?"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/13, 03:46 pm

David grinned, but found it increasingly hard to concentrate on the conversation with her hand resting on his shoulder like that.

"Heh, no, I meant football. To be honest, it's not really my thing either. I mean, I only do it because my dad... well, he's kind of a hard-ass."

Right then the bell rang, announcing only one minute before fourth period started.

"Shit..." he said, looking around, "I gotta go. Look... ummm... would you wanna, like... maybe get a coffee or something? Like, sometime?"

Smooth, he thought to himself.
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 04:01 pm

Addie froze momentarily, her grin stuck as a rictus on her face. "Sure.... bro. Broseph. Broseph Stalin. I... " She jabbed her thumb down the hall, "Uh, class. Class time. Anyway, uh, I'll see ya!"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 26/06/13, 04:03 pm

Well... that wasn't a good sign. David nodded, trying to keep up his smile despite the sinking feeling in his gut.

"Yeah, uh, me too. Ok... um... well, I'll see you, then..."

He trailed off as he took a step backwards.
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 04:32 pm

Addie, now blushing a furious red, sped off down the hall to the nearest girl's room. There, she collapsed against a wall, thudding her forehead against it slowly. "Broseph Stalin? REALLY? Uuuuuuuuuuuugh... "
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 04:44 pm

Lil had been, grudgingly, on her way to class when she saw Addie beeline into the girl's room at top speed. Curious, and vaguely concerned in case something was wrong, or in case something else cool was happening and she was missing it, she shouldered her bookbag and followed after.

She glanced around to make sure there was no one annoying, then gave Addie, beating her head against the wall, a look.

"...Broseph who?"
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 04:47 pm

Addie groaned. "Lil, you know you're best friends with a moron, right? Like, you're aware of this?" She turned around, sinking to sit on the floor with her back against the wall. "I just called a not-physically-repulsive guy Broseph Stalin, because he asked me out for coffee."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 04:51 pm

Lilth snicker, unable to resist, but reigned it in. "Uh - he wasn't Jewish was he?"
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 04:55 pm

Addie looked stricken. "OH GOD HIS NAME IS DAVID, WHAT IF HE'S JEWISH?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 04:57 pm

"Waaaait - David like, David and Maddy David? I think you're safe." She wrinkled her nose though. "But, like ...Really?"
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 05:01 pm

She almost collapsed in relief. "It's the hair, and the, like... " she waved her hand, "Like a puppy that's trying to keep up, but only has three legs. And his eyes are cute. And he has nice hands." She leaned her head back to thunk on the wall. "And he thinks I'm the biggest freak in the world right now, trolls and werewolves aside."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 05:04 pm

Lil sniffed dismissively. "Oh, yeah, cause he thought we were so cool and mundane before, right? Whatever. He's one to talk."
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 05:28 pm

Addie snorted. "Is there some sort of class you took at some point, how to always be right about everything? Because it's either that or natural talent, and I didn't think I was lucky enough to have a friend like that." She smiled wanly at Lil, then stood up and gave her a quick hug. "Of course, I've been wrong before. Thanks, man."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 05:34 pm

"Uh, sure," Lil, caught off guard by the gestured, hugged her back. "I'm from California - it's mandatory training." She stuck out her tongue. "Still, I guess we know why he's been sitting with us at lunch then. I thought it was just the other weird shit."
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 06:18 pm

"Yeah, I had figured it was the weird stuff too. Or maybe, like, community service, or SHIT I'M GONNA BE LATE FOR STAGE MANAGEMENT, and that's the only class today that doesn't suck!" Grabbing her binder, she headed for the door, then stopped before opening it and turned back. "For real, though. Thanks."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 06:56 pm

Lil just shook her head and followed after. "Whatever, man. Anyway, we can totally just sneak in the back of the theatre, and Mr. Scheopke won't even notice."
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 26/06/13, 07:54 pm

::cut to them getting into class::

Addie slid into her regular spot on the floor along the back wall, grateful that Mr. Scheopke was once again expounding on the Fine Traditions of the Theater. Considering he hadn't even started talking about this week's chapters, Addie felt secure in passing a small note along to Lil.

Mr. Sheopke, Mr. Campbell, or Coach Emery - marry, fuck, kill?
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 26/06/13, 08:01 pm

Lil quickly stifled a snicker, glancing over at Addie with both eyebrows raised before jotting off a quick response.

Fuck - Campbell because, come on.  Kill - Mr. Shoepke because OMG shut up.  Marry - Coach Emery,  because then I can be David's mom.  She made sure to surround David with hearts bearing the telling equation of "D+A".
    Still smirking she added another line:

Matt, Noah, Edward Cullen - mfk?"

Last edited by elanya on 26/06/13, 08:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 08:22 am