Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Boss, how do crime?

elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Boss, how do crime? Empty Boss, how do crime?

Post by elanya 09/12/14, 12:07 pm

Denise had to wait a day or so until she found a quiet time where she could ask Ander about Colette's proposition - by then, though, she'd had some time to think about it a little more, and she had some more questions in mind. This scale of thing was pretty far outside her experience. Still, it would be good to start with the basics, and not get too far ahead of herself, especially since she didn't know what he would think about the plan, such as it was, at all. But maybe she could at least find out something to help the others.

"Hey boss?" Denise continued after Ander gave her a questioning look. "Do you know anything about the Duke of Crouch End?"
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Boss, how do crime? Empty Re: Boss, how do crime?

Post by Curtana 09/12/14, 02:44 pm

Ander frowned, puzzled as to why Denise would be asking. "Yeah, some. He's got turf in Pearl, used to have more but he's kinda been losing ground the past while, from what I know. Based at a tavern called The Old Duke. Why do you ask?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 09/12/14, 02:54 pm

Denise plucked at the end of her braid. "Wellllll... Ya know how Collete was by the other day? Guess she heard something in lockup 'but some secret way into the basement there... Where they keep their goods, eh. So, I guess she'n Francois are lookin' to make a score off that, an' asked if maybe I'd help 'em out, ya know?"
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 09/12/14, 04:41 pm

Ander's face held a mix of pride and concern. "Listen, honey - you need to be careful, getting involved in a job like that. You'll wanna make sure that everything is planned out real well, just in case somethin' goes wrong. The Duke's not anyone I'm real worried about as far as it comin' back on the rest of us, but I don't wanna see you get in trouble either, yeah? So how's about you tell me more about what they've got planned."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 09/12/14, 04:58 pm

Denise nodded, relieved that he hadn't just told her it was a terrible idea at the outset. Still, she had a feeling that maybe her instincts were right about the planning. "Well - see, that's the thing. I don't think its all planned yet? So - like I know they're gonna case the joint, and I guess they know where this passage is? But like - I dunno about the rest of it? But I don't know nothin' 'bout plannin' this sort of thing. It could be real big, like, but it ain't worth it if we get pinched, ya know? I think they're tryin' ta find folks first, and plan from there? Anyway - the other thing is Collette said this old broad said the loot is guarded by, like a *demon* but - no way that could be true, right?"
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 10/12/14, 01:20 pm

"A demon?" Ander looked incredulous at that. "I dunno, Dee, it seems unlikely to me... but it's better to be prepared for it just in case, if that's the story. 'Cause as much as you can case the joint, you're not gonna really know what's in there until you get in there. If the worst you run into is a mangy dog or an ugly-faced gangster, then at least you should be more than ready to handle it," he said, nudging her with his elbow. "And make sure you have a way out in case the ... whatever it is that might be there... turns out to be more'n you can handle."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 10/12/14, 01:32 pm

Denise nodded. "Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin'. Argent said he was gonna see what he could find about fightin' demons or whatever. Maybe he can find somethin' in a book." Denise sounded a little dubious, but whether this was about Argent's research ability or the prospect of books in general was unclear. "I figure - I dunno, I can prolly at least hold it down' or something. An yeah - we'll make sure we can get out quick."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 10/12/14, 01:35 pm

Ander nodded. "Have you thought about what you're gonna do with the haul, assuming there is one? Like, if it's cash, that's okay, but what if it's stolen paintings or drugs or jewelry? An' how are you lot gonna split it? Gotta look out for yourself, after all," he added with a smile.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 10/12/14, 02:01 pm

"Aw man... I never even thought of that!" Denise frowned. "I mean, about the stuff part of it. I got no idea 'bout any of that. But I can ask Collete. I ain't too worried 'bout the split though - we still gotta work all that out, but I trust 'em."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 10/12/14, 03:46 pm

"Well, if it turns out you need a place to ditch some hot goods, we could probably come to some kinda arrangement with Edvina to get them clean.  For a cut, of course," he added with a half-smile.  
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 10/12/14, 04:00 pm

"Aww swell!" Denise grinned, then paused. "Well... what kinda cut we talkin'? I guess maybe it would depend?"
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 10/12/14, 04:09 pm

"Yeah, it'd depend on how tricky a thing it is to handle," said Ander. "But it might be better'n being stuck with something you can't unload and don't wanna get caught with," he added with a shrug.

"So the plan is, you're goin' in through the underground, then?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 10/12/14, 04:19 pm

Denise nodded. All this was just reinforcing how little she knew about planning this sort of thing. She hoped Collete and Francois knew better, but she was pretty sure this was more than anything they'd tried to pull before either,and was extra glad she'd talked to the boss first. At least this part, she knew. "Yeah - in an out. I figure we should be able to have a route set before we try it though."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 11/12/14, 06:16 pm

"I'm not an expert on the tunnels, 'specially in that part of the city," Ander said.  "Is it an area they know a lot about? It can be real easy to get lost down there, or stuck with nowhere to run."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 11/12/14, 06:28 pm

"Nah but - I figured maybe we can cut Enver in... Maybe no to go with, but just for plannin'? I dunno. I don't wanna get him in trouble though..." Denise had been sorta hoping not to mention that part, since she knew they were trying to keep him away from petty crimes and other side jobs. But the little voice at the back of her head told her that really, it meant she probably should, if she meant it about keeping him out of trouble.
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 11/12/14, 07:47 pm

"Enver, huh?" Ander looked a bit more concerned at that. "They're tryin' to keep him outta trouble - but like you said, if he's just in planning for it, maybe it wouldn't be a problem. It'll be keepin' him from wanting to tag along that'll be hard," he added with a knowing sigh.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 12/12/14, 10:52 am

"Yeah..." Denise winced a bit, the shrugged. "Georn's like, way out of our league though. But with Enver, I was thinkin' like - prolly it wouldn't be great to have him meet Collete and Francois direct like, 'cause that's be definite trouble there, ya know? But like - Maybe me an' Argent could work out a route with him, sorta thing. Just he'll have to trust me to take care of his cut, if he'd go with that. But if he wanted to come I'll just tell him if he tries I'll just carry him back to the Cellar."
    Curtana
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana 12/12/14, 05:09 pm

Ander had to laugh at that, because he could see it happening. "That sounds fair. If it all goes well, maybe we can figure out some other jobs that these friends of yours could work with us on. Maybe like a little... partnership," he suggested.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 12/12/14, 05:27 pm

"Aw yeah?" Denise was feeling pretty encouraged at this point, and grinned."I'll run it by 'em. I knew I should talk to you 'bout it all - you're the best!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 10:06 am