Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Crime Pals!

elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Crime Pals! Empty Crime Pals!

Post by elanya 13/12/14, 03:18 pm

Denise had been thinking some about the advice she'd had from nder, and she knew she needed to go over it with Collete and Francois. But they were the leaders, and she she wasn't really sure how to bring this sort of thing up with them without it coming off wrong. Some of it would be okay, she though, but she had questions, too. But Argent was older, and she thought he'd had some concerns too - so it obviously made sense to start with him.

It was early afternoon, late enough in the day that she probably wouldnt' be waking up anyone at their house, when she knocked. Hopefully Dorien wouldn't be home - she wasn't sure she wanted to bring all this stuff in front of him.

"Hey Argent, you in?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Crime Pals! Empty Re: Crime Pals!

Post by Vess123 13/12/14, 03:59 pm

Argent opened the door for his friend.

"Nope, definitely not in at all." He smiled, and gave a welcoming gesture for Denise to make her self at home. "Only person here is some poor bored sod trying to get excited about slinging food for a bunch of strangers."

"So what can I do for ya?" he asked her.

elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 13/12/14, 04:07 pm

"Just you, then?" Denise came in and peeked around, as if she were looking for signs of Dorien. "Good, 'cause I wanna talk about somethin' a little more exciting! I talked to Ander 'bout that job, and he had all kinds a helpful things to say." She plonked down on a chair, making herself comfortable.
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 13/12/14, 07:34 pm

"Now that does sound a little more exciting," Argent closes the door, "and Dorien stepped out, so it's just us, at least for now." Nabbing a stool and a spot facing Denise, he asks, "So what things did your friend have to say?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 13/12/14, 08:58 pm

"Well he didn't have no problem with me goin' so that's good - but, like, he asked all these questions that like - I think we'd better make sure are sorted out first ya know? Like - what do we do if the score is like - stuff, not cash."
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 14/12/14, 07:16 am

"Never really thought about that part... guess that's why I'm not a criminal mastermind," Argent shrugged and scratched his head. "Guess we could pawn the stuff, they're mostly shady anyway. Collete may have that already lined up. She's had more time to figure this stuff out than we have."

Argent meets Denise's gaze. "The issues isn't the important part is it eh... its the workin' them out before hand, if I'm takin' your point right."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/12/14, 06:21 pm

Denise nodded.  "Yeah.  I wouldn't a thought of any of it either, right?  But like - if they ain't thought it all through, now I got some ideas, 'cause Ander said maybe we could sell stuff through Mala Tajna connections if we needs to...  Course they'd take a cut, but, like, if it worked out okay maybe they could even find other jobs?  That's what he said."
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 14/12/14, 07:57 pm

"Looks like this could open up lots of opportunities," Argent answers, "but I'll wait to quit my day... I mean night job." He leans forward on his stooled stoop. "I'm starting to get excited about this. It's somethin' more to do, and the advice from Ander could end up savin' us a whole mess a problems."

Argent ponders for a moment. "Ander isn't lookin' for anythin' for helpin' ya? It's not exactly fair for you to be owin' favors for Collete's gig."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/12/14, 08:55 pm

"Nah, it ain't like that. I'm part of his crew, so he's just lookin' out for me, ya know? It depends on what we decide, what it might cost... But like - I guess I ain't sure how we ask, like, Colette? And goin' with that - I know a guy what can get us through the tunnels, but - we can't take him on the job, just use him for plannin' like, and I dunno how to sort that all out. Like, I can prolly keep *him* all sorted fine... Just - like - I ain't a planner ya know?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 14/12/14, 10:21 pm

"Are you tryin' to say that I shouldn't ask you to set me up on a date, cause, ya know, I'm feelin' a little lonely?" Argent says with a smile.

"Sounds like the easiest thing to do is to just go talk to Colette and get her up to speed. It's really her gig, after all, we're just the help."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/12/14, 11:03 pm

Denise rolled her eyes - she was pretty sure Argent wouldn't have any trouble getting girls if he wanted. "But like - that's the thing - it's her gig right? I don't wanna get her all pissed off if it looks like, I dunno, like I don't think she knows what she's doin'?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 15/12/14, 08:10 pm

Argent claps his hands together, a look of realization on his face. "We get to the heart of it."

"You got nothing to worry about. I can take the lead of the concerned pressing questioner. I was always the lookout so I'm supposed to the cautious one, anyway. You can just offer the helpful suggestion if Colette doesn't have a good answer. If she starts getting too upset at me, I'll just tease her, smile and laugh, and we'll all be good... if that's still not enough to mull her, I'll come up with something else. Even if she does get annoyed with me, I've got a thick skin. Win, win all around... and no been all sour about it, you worry to much"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 15/12/14, 09:17 pm

Denise shrugged. "I dunno - I got plenty thick skin, I just ain't smooth like that, is all. If it were just on me, I wouldn't even think of the questions, ya know? Anyway, I guess that'll be okay." She shrugged again - it seemed like a reasonable approach. "So - like, this friend of mine - he's the one I was with when I fought the zombie rat. He's supposed to be stayin' out a trouble, like I said, but he knows the tunnels all over the place. I don't wanna introduce him to Colette an' Francois, though, 'cause like - you know they'll wanna use him for all kinds a jobs, and he doooon't always know what good for him, ya know? So if he gets in trouble, and it'll come back on me, and that's no good. But - I figure we can work out a cut for him, and then maybe he can show *us* around down there and figure out where we're going and how all the good ways in an' out are. how's that sound? Assumin' the rest are cool with it." She grinned - she was preeeeetty sure Argent was as excited about the idea of exploring the tunnels as she was - and if he wasn't he was crazy.
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 15/12/14, 10:28 pm

"I think that's a great idea!" Argent grinned as well. "We should definitely do that. Once I got my bearings and things, I'm sure I'll be able to find my way after you friend shows us the ropes and whatnot. Just make sure he knows that if the scouting isn't fruitful, or there is some crazy ass demon down there, there might not be a cut. I'm eager to go, but they should know there's a chance this may amount to nothin' more than a tour of the tunnels... which is fine by me."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 15/12/14, 11:42 pm

"Yeah - I'll let him know the deal - we'll see what he says. I think he'll probably in, though, it'll at least be different than what he's doin' now? Anyway - you find out anything more about demons?" Denise was still dubious about the prospect, thinking the alternate suggestions seemed more likely.
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 16/12/14, 05:53 am

Argent looks away, trying to minimize the subject. "I haven't gotten around to diggin' into it. I will though...I really did mean to. I'm sure I can find out something."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 16/12/14, 10:13 am

"Pfft" Denise waved a hand. "Yeah, prolly it ain't nothin' anyway like you said. But see, I was thinking, if it ain't somethign we can fight, maybe I can like... Hold it down and we can, like, tie it up or somethin'?" She shrugged. "I figure it can't be too bad if they got a way to deal with it, ya know?" She tilted her head as a thought occured. "Maybe it's somethin' they stole from the menagerie?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 16/12/14, 05:51 pm

"Colette's source has been in the klink for who knows how long. If they stole somethin' from a menagerie as a guard, its likely a rug by now. As for the holdin' the thing down and putting a rope around it, I imagine it could work, as long as they don't bite ya... and you better have the arms for it." Argent stands and flexes. "I'm glad you've got such faith in my steel-like muscles. What are you going to do while I wrestle a demon?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 16/12/14, 11:35 pm

Denise grinned. "Prolly laughin' my ass off?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 17/12/14, 05:11 pm

"Your lack of faith in my skills hurts me so, but your act of distraction, as the poor demon horrified by that which is your booming laughter, will be of some help in the fight, at least," Argent snaps back. He then jumps forward and gives a quick grip to his friend's upper arm. "Sure your not the one who should be wrestling?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 17/12/14, 05:19 pm

Denise held her arm up so that he could poke it more effectively, and pulled a face. "Ain't that what I said? I mean like, you been hangin' out with priests. What're they gonna teach you 'bout wrestlin' anything?"
    Vess123
    Vess123
    Scion
    Scion

Post by Vess123 17/12/14, 10:11 pm

"Well if I need help planting crops in a row, do me a favor and don't ask me, I've had enough of that thanks to priests," Argent says as he continues to probe the Denise's physique. "Seems like you've been practicing hittin' things well enough"

"Sounds like all that's left to do is talk with Colette and then meet with your friend. Then we get to explore."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 17/12/14, 11:06 pm

Denise sat back before Argent got toooo carried away with his prodding. "Alrighty - sounds good to me!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content