Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

3 posters

Hesperange Ladies Lunch

elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Hesperange Ladies Lunch Empty Hesperange Ladies Lunch

Post by elanya 13/01/15, 01:41 pm

It was difficult to coordinate schedules, particularly for Korisse, but when they could manage it she very much enjoyed the opportunity to meet up with her old friends from the Hesperange.  The place held a lot of memories, and her connection to her friends kept them all from becoming too painful.

Today, they were meeting up at a quiet little bistro for a late lunch, and she'd somehow managed to be the first to arrive.  She ordered a bottle of wine and tried not to fret that she'd managed to get the day, time, or place wrong. there were already a few uncertainties when it came to attendance, but she'd asked for a table for four just in case.
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Hesperange Ladies Lunch Empty Re: Hesperange Ladies Lunch

Post by tuck 13/01/15, 03:44 pm

Almost exactly on time, Korisse noticed Lealia strolling up the sidewalk through the bistro's wide windows. She was, of course, dressed in the height of current urban fashion, a knee-length fringed spring dress in green satin with a matching purse and a close-fit woven cap of the type that the up-and-coming movie starlet Mlle. Vigoureau had popularized only a month ago. Her hair , which had reached nearly to her waist in her Hesperange days had been cut very short in a severe bob that curled upwards on the sides of her face, framing it beneath her bangs.

When she saw her friend through the glass, Lealia waved enthusiastically and hurried into the restaurant, embracing her excitedly and placing a quick kiss on Korisse's cheek.

"Korisse, Darling! It's so good to see you! We don't do these lunches nearly often enough!"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 13/01/15, 04:08 pm

Korisse returned returned the gesture, slipping back into her seat as Lealia settled herself. "I know - its just hard to coordinate. I'm not sure who all will be here today. At least three of us I hope? How are you?"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 13/01/15, 04:35 pm

"I'm well," Lealia said with a smile, "M. Droz continues to insist on assigning me pieces which could be played by a moderately trained orangutan, but a first chair colleague of mine will be retiring next month. I'm hoping they'll consider moving me up."

She sighed exaggeratedly.

"Remmi is... well, he's still unemployed for the moment. It's so hard right now, what with all the troops back from the war. There's just no jobs to be had, really. He'll find something soon, though... I'm sure of it."

"But listen to me ramble about my mundane life, tell me about you, dear! What projects are you working on now? I managed to see the last film you directed a few weeks ago! It was... well, I confess it was a bit... perhaps over my head... but it was beautiful! Such imagery! It must be so exciting living the life of a movie director!"
    Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Longpig 13/01/15, 05:26 pm

Hettie parked her bike up by the bistro, and locked it securely to a lamppost. She peered in through the window to see Korisse and Lealia already gabbing away. Although of course she'd been friendly with Lealia at the Hesperange, she still didn't know her as well as Korisse, and she sometimes felt a little funny about seeing her after all that had happened, even though Korisse was always telling her it wasn't like that... She shook the thoughts from her head, rearranged her hat at a jaunty angle, and held her head up high as she strolled in and made her way toward the table.

"Afternoon, pretty ladies!" she called with a grin.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 13/01/15, 07:27 pm

Korisse had been just about to reply to Lealia, but smiled to see Hettie coming in instead and waved. "I'm so glad you made it, Hettie, it's always good to see you. And besides, I was going to have to tell Lealia the disappointing truth about the glamour of my life. Maybe you have some more interesting stories though - have things calmed down at the cabaret?"
    Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Longpig 13/01/15, 10:03 pm

Hettie shrugged as she slid into a seat. "Much as they ever do. It's back to missing sequins and split seams for me!"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 14/01/15, 09:39 am

"Ooooooh," Lealia said, putting one hand on Hettie's arm, "I heard about that awful business a few weeks back. Murder and mischief; it was all over the papers! I'm glad to hear that everything worked out. Do you know what happened exactly?"
    Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Longpig 14/01/15, 09:58 am

"Not exactly... I don't think anyone does. Basically, some slick bird was supposed to sing that night, and she really brought down the house, you feel me? Heh." She picked up a menu. "But if you want more detail 'n' that, here's what I know... I saw some strange little elf thing down in the basement, trying to ball up the boiler. The whole place coulda blown sky high! Instead it was just the lights what fell, but that were enough of a distraction for some torpedo to bump off that vet. Probably the slicker, if I had t'guess." She reached across the table to pick up the bottle of wine. "This fair game?"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 14/01/15, 03:55 pm

Korisse had heard about the fight already, so eft it to Lealia to ask more questions if she was inclined. "Oh, yes, please help yourself! They should be bringing us some cheese and baguette too... I don't know if we want to wait a little longer and see if Aubrienne is coming, though."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 14/01/15, 04:31 pm

"I can wait." Lealia took the bottle from Hettie when she was done with it and poured herself a glass as well. "I don't have to be at rehearsals for another two hours. Have you spoken to her recently?"
    Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Longpig 14/01/15, 07:33 pm

Hettie shrugged. "She lives on the other side of the curtain. I guess I don't talk to her that often outside of these deals."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 15/01/15, 09:16 am

"She probably stayed out all night partying," Lealia said with a lopsided grin, "She's a wild thing, that one,"
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 15/01/15, 10:34 am

Korisse shook her head, "I don't know how she does it, I can't imagine having that much energy."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 15/01/15, 10:56 am

"I can..." Lealia said with just a trace of bitterness, "Sometimes I miss being able to stay out all night."
    Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Longpig 16/01/15, 03:00 pm

"Aw, honey." Hettie looked sympathetic. "Don't sound so down. It ain't all that."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 17/01/15, 03:03 pm

"Oh, I'm not... I didn't mean..." Lealia mumbled, suddenly self-concious, "It's just... You know, I'm not as young as I used to be, I suppose. I'm perfectly happy with... you know, everything. Just pining a little, I guess. Silly stuff. Pay me no mind, dear."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 17/01/15, 03:46 pm

Korisse gave her friend a sympathetic smile - pining for what could have been was something she understood well. "Well, things could still change, couldn't they... I know I could use a change."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 18/01/15, 06:58 pm

Lealia smiled, "I think everyone could use a change."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 19/01/15, 11:20 am

Korisse nodded, pulling her wine glass closer to her body and looking down into it as she spoke. "I'm sorry.... that was a bit glib. I just meant, well, I've been thinking about something more specific. I don't know though..."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 20/01/15, 12:11 pm

"Something more specific?" Lealia asked with a raised eyebrow.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 20/01/15, 03:52 pm

Korisse plucked at the sleeve of her blouse. "Something a little less old fashioned." She didn't sound especially enthused, and gave a little sigh before looking back up. "I suppose I'm just tired of having my ideas dismissed because I'm not what people expect from a modern artist."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 20/01/15, 05:02 pm

"You mean you want to update your look?"

Lealia's eyes lit up.

"Korisse, all you had to do was ask! I can take you to the shops this weekend and we can get you all new outfits. I mean... not that your outfits aren't nice, but... you know what I mean. I'll have you looking like a star in no time! It'll be so much fun!"
    Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Longpig 20/01/15, 11:11 pm

Hettienne gave Korisse an appraising look over her wine glass... Sure, she *could* go to the same shops as all the flappers and wannabes, and probably she had the dough to go for the orchids... But a lot of that just weren't Korisse.

"... Or I could dress you..."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 20/01/15, 11:41 pm

Lealia meant well, she knew, but an afternoon of the kind of shopping she'd described sounded more exhausting than fun, and she wasn't sure that 'star' was exactly the sort of look she should be going for either.

Hettie gave her an out, but that idea made her a little nervous too. Partly because she wasn't entirely sure what all her friend meant. "How do you mean?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 11:14 am