Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

3 posters

Hesperange Ladies Lunch

Longpig
    Longpig
    Demigod
    Demigod

Hesperange Ladies Lunch - Page 2 Empty Re: Hesperange Ladies Lunch

Post by Longpig 21/01/15, 01:43 pm

"Well, you do know what I do for a livin', right?" Hettie winked. "I could scratch up a few ideas for ya, somethin' spiffy but more you, see? And if you like..." She gave a little shrug.
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 21/01/15, 03:52 pm

"Oh, I see..." Hettie was always so well put together, the idea had merit for certain, but she felt a little awkward for some reason she couldnt' quite put her finger on. "I wouldn't want to impose too much on your time though... I could compensate you for that, though.... would that be alright? I know you're so busy!" She looked to Lealia, desperately hoping she wouldn't be offended. "I'm just not sure I am up for that kind of fun..."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 21/01/15, 04:44 pm

Lealia's smile faltered for a moment. She had been excited at the prospect of getting out of the house for a while on the weekend and spending time with Korisse. These days it seemed like the very occassional lunches she had with her friends were the only times that she wasn't either working, taking care of her house and husband, or bored beyond words.

She concentrated on putting on a genuine smile again. There was no reason to make Korisse feel bad about any of that.

"No, no, of course. I understand completely. I know my idea of fun might not be everyone's cup of tea. I probably shouldn't be shopping anyway. Gods know I would only spend money I probably don't have."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 23/01/15, 01:09 pm

Korisse nodded, trying to swallow down the little ball of guilt she felt, searching for some kind of compromise they might both enjoy. "You should come by though - Marie would love to see you again, you're much more fun than I am." Last time she'd been by, Lealia had shown her the joy of makeup. Marie-Estelle had certainly enjoyed herself, but she wasn't sure exactly how her friend had found the experience of the energetic toddler. "Maybe you can help me figure out some other things to do with my hair. I don't really want to cut it, but there must be something..."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 23/01/15, 01:20 pm

"I'd like that," Lealia said, warmly, "Maybe I could try curling it, just as an experiment. All the length, half the volume! And if you don't like it you can always let it relax again."

"And speaking of Marie, how is the little angel?" Lealia added, "It's been a while since I've seen her."
    elanya
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya 23/01/15, 03:20 pm

Korisse smiled more happily. "She's very energetic. She's trying to climb everything still, especially me. I'm always terrified she's going to fall and hurt herself, but she's utterly fearless. I'm not sure where she gets that - I suppose form her father."
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 24/01/15, 11:45 pm

Lelia smiled warmly.

"I don't know, I always thought you were pretty fearless in your own way."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 08:01 am