Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

Scouting mission to Theleandram

tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Scouting mission to Theleandram  Empty Scouting mission to Theleandram

Post by tuck 11/10/15, 02:17 am

The scouting party of 20 soldiers, both living and dead, arrived at the borders of Theleandran territory not long after dusk. Although armed for combat, their weapons remained in their scabbards as they approached the nearest settlement. Their leader, who at least appeared to be human, raised his hands in a gesture of peace to the locals before bringing forward a spellcaster to magically interpret his words.

"We're here as emissaries from the territory of Zeiinuvăd, to the east of here" He said to the crowd of villagers, "Who is your leader?"
    Mockery
    Mockery
    NPC
    NPC

Scouting mission to Theleandram  Empty Re: Scouting mission to Theleandram

Post by Mockery 11/10/15, 03:33 am

"Ah. Er." One of them, a silver-haired man with a lined face and pupil-less golden eyes said. "That would be me, but I think...one moment please."

He mutters something to a child, and pats her on the shoulder to send her on her way as she runs across the village. "It may be a couple minutes, but I expect I could only do so much good for you to talk to." He says, the corners of his mouth pulling. Maybe he's looking at the corpsen soldiers, or maybe he's ruing his own inability to help. Probably the undead. A lot of the people there are being less subtle about their displeasure at seeing the dead walk. "But the powers that be--at least, the ones here in Theleandram--are just as eager to talk to you as I imagine you are to them. So--"

He may ramble on for a couple more minutes. He might be stalling, but he's probably just long-winded.

Eventually, though, he is interrupted by a woman clearing her throat. She--and the half-dozen soldiers with her--are in immaculately clean armor, etched and inscribed and gilded. Despite the ornamentation on the armor, the people in it do not seem like decorative soldiers, here on the border to just make it look good. A man to her right is not in so much armor, but simply makes a sign of benediction, though with maybe the most naked disgust at the undead.

A man to her left makes a gesture not unlike the one the Zeiinuvăd spellcaster had made earlier, and her own words are clearly intelligible:

"It would seem you have sought us, and we you, though neither of us knew it." She bows her head, slightly.

"I am Melcassah Alil, at the service of Theleandram. On behalf of Caltherro Ijel, I bid you welcome."

tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 11/10/15, 07:19 am

"It is a pleausre to meet you," the leader of the party said, removing his helm and bowing in a show of respect. If he took any offense from the priest's benediction it did not show in his pale features.

"I am Lieutenant Mortinius Karus of the 23rd Thantopolitan Legion. I represent My Lady Commander Adriana Zorika of the newly formed territory of Zeiinuvăd. We have been sent here as a peace envoy, to show our good will and to establish friendly contact with your people. Our force recently arrived here through means beyond our control and have begun to establish a colony east of here in the fortress of Cernoziom. Are we right in thinking that your people are native to this place?"
    Mockery
    Mockery
    NPC
    NPC

Post by Mockery 11/10/15, 12:15 pm

"We are as native as you are." Alil seems wary, but not deceptive. "It is the will of the world that we are here, and so we have come in search of our neighbors, that we might know them, and live alongside them with swords mutually acknowledged but firmly undrawn." Her mouth twitches moments after she said that, as though realizing she may have committed an unintentional rudeness. Would 'co-exist alongside them' have been more accurate?

"We wish to present to Zeiinuvăd's people a token of goodwill, in the hopes of establishing peace between us. Would such a gift in your hands find its way to your Lady Commander?"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 12/10/15, 12:19 am

"Of course," the lieutenant nodded, "I will place it into her hands personally if it is offered with peaceful intentions. We are also meant to extend to you an invitation for your designated ambassadors to meet with our lady whenever you see fit. If your leaders would agree to a formal meeting, we can assure you that they will be received respectfully and peacefully."

Mockery
    Mockery
    NPC
    NPC

Post by Mockery 28/10/15, 08:04 pm

"Of course." Alil responds in turn. "I imagine that ambassadors will be better suited to this than we soldiers." There is a small gesture of self-effacement, a clenched fist to her sternum. "But it is better for now, our leader reckons, to send soldiers who can keep their swords in their sheaths to ensure it should remain so. As, I suspect, does yours."

Her head is bowed, but her voice is loud enough to carry, and it is clear it is not just meant for the visitors. "Mortinius Karus, I give you and yours leave to rest here and restore yourselves, until you are ready to return. We will return to our home when you return to yours."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/05/24, 04:40 am