Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

2 posters

It's Gonna Be the Future Soon...

Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

It's Gonna Be the Future Soon... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Gonna Be the Future Soon...

Post by Zari 01/03/16, 04:22 am

"So, how's that gonna work with the whole every time you magic at stuff, you have to get a new graphics card thing? Just gonna try and do your magic-ing in the yard, or what?"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

It's Gonna Be the Future Soon... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Gonna Be the Future Soon...

Post by tuck 01/03/16, 04:28 am

"I don't know. I guess I'll have to live in two separate worlds. But really, that's one of the things that most interests me. Why does essence short out technology? I mean, it's like anything electric stops working around magic but no one really seems to know why beyond some vague guesses."

David sat up straighter and began gesturing with his hands to emphasize his point.

"Maybe there's a way around that. Can you imagine what I could do if I could get them to play nice together? Magic and technology combined? Essence-fueled car engines, elemental dishwashers, protection talismans you can recharge at an electrical outlet... How cool would that be?"
    Zari
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari 01/03/16, 04:43 am

"Man, you are NOT EVEN thinking big enough." Addie laughed, and began to swing higher.

"What we need, more than that? Batteries. Essence batteries that we can, like, blip a little essence into before bed or whatever, then when we need them BAM! Here's as much as fits in like twelve dudes!"
    tuck
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck 01/03/16, 05:01 am

"That would be pretty awesome, although it would mean somehow severing the essence from its source. Like isolating it so that it still exists but the person it came from can still regenerate new essence. Like how I have to infuse some of my power into those talismans I make. I don't even know if it's possible to separate the two."

David considered for a second.

"I wonder if there's a biological reason for that connection or if it's purely magical."

He frowned.

"Crap, maybe I will need to know some science stuff."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content